Hot Glue

NoHummer-Ed

I've noticed in a couple of posts, people talking about using hot glue in placed that usually welded would be used?

We (at work) do use glue to hold bits of airframes together, but It's not really my area. I wondered if there was a special type of hot glue - maybe something like chemical metal that I've not seen?

If so, can someone post a link? It would be great if I could use it to stick my outriggers back on and fix my sills.

Ta - Ed

I've noticed in a couple of posts, people talking about using hot glue in placed that usually welded would be used?

We (at work) do use glue to hold bits of airframes together, but It's not really my area. I wondered if there was a special type of hot glue - maybe something like chemical metal that I've not seen?

If so, can someone post a link? It would be great if I could use it to stick my outriggers back on and fix my sills.

Ta - Ed

AH

Welcome to the forum.

You are obvioulsy unaware of the ground breaking kit called the Warne-O-Matic

This unit will MIG TIG ARC and GLUE BRAZE SILVER SOLDER all Metals with the same quality of results for all applications, very good on Vapour Building 4x4s and general 'Fabrication'

They are rare, but come up now and again :

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...;hl=Warne+Matic

PLus Operator Manual :

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...7&hl=Haynes

:lol:

Get it now ?

Nige

That's very funny yes.

I laughed and died when I read about "Cooooooo Coooded".

Some of us here have D1.9 coding for balistic Ti - but I think some of my workmates must have one of these for welding Steel! I have read a few threads on here where coding is held up like an idol - but really coding is so specific that for most things, particularly cars, where you don't really know the spec of the material the weld produced by a general fabricator with experience will be better in the real world.

One lad here got a job welding Aluminium window frames on the back of being coded. He was sacked the same day cos his welding was so terrible. But with Ti, he is one of the best. Don't be fooled easily.

Ed

thats true Ed, my navigator is coded for Titanium microbore piping - he doesnt have to touch the material just slide on the weld head and press go! :lol:

Codings ultimately are process and material specific and require virtually no understanding of whats going on. settings are done and calibrated and you just have to wave the gun about - peace of cake really :). Weld science is handy but thats traditionally taught at college. Experience is cool, but if all you learn is to repeat the same mistakes even that is over rated - a combination of all three plus multi-discipline, out of position, large material variety, variety in equipment, location etc - now thats more like it. Personally Im still a beginer, but if I can get anywhere near the ability of the guy that taught me I'd be a happy bunny (thanks George).