Alternator

Peterla

Just fitted a new 100 amp alternator to my Diso 200tdi.

It is self exiting and does not need the light guge wire from the loom.

Just needs the main 6-8 mm square charging wire.

I will pull the back off soon and put a tacko pickup before the regulator.

The alternator has an output for a light on the dash but I am not sure if I need to ground or

+12volt the light guage wire to turn on the light.

I am not keen on doing the wrong thing incase I blow a fuse or damage something.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to turn on my battery dash light or even better yet

tell me where I can get a wiring drawing for my 200 Tdi.

Pete

From memory you need to supply an ignition switched 12v feed to one side of the dash light. The other side goes to the alternator. What happens is, when you switch the engine on the wire from the alternaotr provides an earth to the bulb thus illuminating the bulb. When the engine is running the wire from the alternaotr goes to 12v thus putting out the dash light.

HTH

Ivan

From memory you need to supply an ignition switched 12v feed to one side of the dash light. The other side goes to the alternator. What happens is, when you switch the engine on the wire from the alternaotr provides an earth to the bulb thus illuminating the bulb. When the engine is running the wire from the alternaotr goes to 12v thus putting out the dash light.

HTH

Ivan

Thanks Ivan that seems to work fine

Pete