Which Club

headhunter

I live just South of Cambridge on the borders of Essex & Suffolk, so which Land Rover Club should I join?

I have a Defender 300tdi 110 which I have improved with uprated suspension, engine tweaks, steering/axel guards, winch and full recovery points etc etc.

However I do not plan to go wallowing in mud baths, so nothing extreme. I have done loads of Greenlaning 18-20 years ago so in some ways had the best of it (winches what are they), but need to get up to speed with the latest techniques and rights & wrongs of current practice.

At this stage I am probably looking for greenlaning, offroad days, non damaging fun, technical advice, recovery techniques, safe practices and as a spectator or potential marshall/helper, in a friendly and fun environment. Not much to ask I know!

So should I join a county club eg. Suffolk LRC or Essex or Herts/Beds & Cambs, or are there any alternatives recommended.

For all I know I am surrounded by club members that frequent this forum, so I have got to start somewhere.

John

which club? I'm rather partial to the orage flavour ones :lol:

If you really want to join a club then I'd recommend the [link=http://members.aol.com/bhaclrc/index.htm]BHCLRC[/link]. from the calendar seem to be pretty active and often run greenlaning trips, sometimes even in Cambs. Before you ask, I'm not a member, not sure why but wasn't any point until a few months back as my lwt was off the road.

The alternatives is to read and make posts in events forums for local peeps to show their heads up and organise something that way. There are a fair number of green lanes in these counties and a route can be put together with road travel in between.

Hi John

Have you been to Bures. Its quite a good site where you can have a play with the 110 to see how involved you want to get. It is near Colchester.

Details are in the events section I believe, posted by petergg who runs the site.

Cheers

Richard