Recovery Eyes on '02 110

I've got JATE rings fitted to the front of my '02 110 (no air con) but I'd like recovery points that are more accessible. Is it possible to fit rings like these if so (given I've no mechanical skills) how?

pm725.jpg

Thanks,

Phil.

Western, thanks, just so I'm clear (sorry!) does the narrower end of the plate go to the front so that the new holes are through the bumper? Also, will the existing bumper bolts be long enough and strong enough?

Finally, in your experience, will this arrangement be suitable for recovery?

All the best,

Phil.

The widest section of the base plate fits under the existing bumper attachment bolts, then you need to drill 4 new holes for the 4 new bolts & nuts, simple as that.

narrow to front as you need to use these as a drill guide for the new holes through the bumper top horizontal face. they will be fine for general recovery but not heavy duty use if the vehicle is well bogged in, before veturing into deep sticky stuuf attached a bridle & towrope to the jate rings & have the free end of the towrope across the bonnet & into cab via passenger door window for easy access if needed. there should be a how to fit info sheet enclosed with those rings, if not here's a copy

File0008.pdf

Edited by western
.pdf fitting file added

Western, thanks very much for all that, most helpful!

All the best,

Phil.

narrow to front as you need to use these as a drill guide for the new holes through the bumper top horizontal face. they will be fine for general recovery but not heavy duty use if the vehicle is well bogged in, before veturing into deep sticky stuuf attached a bridle & towrope to the jate rings & have the free end of the towrope across the bonnet & into cab via passenger door window for easy access if needed. there should be a how to fit info sheet enclosed with those rings, if not here's a copy