O/T Axminster 1Ph Motor Wiring?

minivin

Anybody know how this motor is wired up?

DSCF3115.jpg

It's a single phase motor, starter capacitor is the lower item, continuous run capacitor is to the top, I'm guessing the Live and Neutral are connected in on the spare two terminals, but don't fancy blowing it up if it actually turns out that one of the wires has to be taken to one of the other terminals and the starter switch bridging something else :huh:

no other terminal idents, wiring diagrams, diddly squat, I wanted to fit it tonight :(

yup, just found the wiring diagram in the bottom left corner, unfortunately as I can't follow the wires into the case to determine which is what, I don't fancy wiring up to a four way chock block when the diagram is for a five way which straight away has the alarm bells going :unsure:

Ok, I decided to break out the multimeter and chased through the wiring with reference to the wiring diagram in Westerns link.

All seemed to bell out right with resistances and continuity in the right places, so I wired the live to the white wire terminal (furthest left) and the neutral wire to the black wire (2nd from left), crossed my fingers, and flicked the mains button..... it worked! :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks for that link Western, was pooping myself about blowing this motor up by accident :unsure:

Another good link on induction motor wiring the link below, gives methods for direction reversal:

http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk/tip11.htm