Buying and shipping parts from retailers?

tpb

I'm in need of parts. I've already ordered a few from one retailer out of the USA. I got majorly dinged by the shipping company (UPS), and the prices were high, but I had the parts in a couple of days.

I put in an order online to a shop in England, and after displaying (almost immediately) that it was "ready to ship" I haven't heard anything from the retailer, and nothing has been charged to my credit card. It's been a week.

Where have my fellow Canadians been getting their parts from? What sort of experiences have you had? Who do you recommend? Who do you avoid?

I'm in need of parts. I've already ordered a few from one retailer out of the USA. I got majorly dinged by the shipping company (UPS), and the prices were high, but I had the parts in a couple of days.

I put in an order online to a shop in England, and after displaying (almost immediately) that it was "ready to ship" I haven't heard anything from the retailer, and nothing has been charged to my credit card. It's been a week.

Where have my fellow Canadians been getting their parts from? What sort of experiences have you had? Who do you recommend? Who do you avoid?

Many have had good luck ordering from the "Rover Park Boys" in Edmonton.

I also order from Paddocks in the UK but by phone not their online system. They are better able to get you what you need with an actual phone call.

The US suppliers love to ship UPS who will then add a huge brokerage fee without actually performing any broker duties. I avoid them for that reason.

John