Cruise control

Archie

Hello,

I have just become a very proud owner of my first Discovery, a 1996 300tdi ES.

Everything in the car works perfectly except for the cruise control. I have read the in car manual and followed all the instructions, eg: activating the cruise control while doing over 50. I press the button in that looks like a motorway sign and the light comes on as normal but when i use the control on the steering wheel nothing happens, so obviously it isnt working.

Does anyone know of any known problems for eg: a fuse or a relay which could of gone that that would stop it working.

Regards

Archie

Hello,

I have just become a very proud owner of my first Discovery, a 1996 300tdi ES.

Everything in the car works perfectly except for the cruise control. I have read the in car manual and followed all the instructions, eg: activating the cruise control while doing over 50. I press the button in that looks like a motorway sign and the light comes on as normal but when i use the control on the steering wheel nothing happens, so obviously it isnt working.

Does anyone know of any known problems for eg: a fuse or a relay which could of gone that that would stop it working.

Regards

Archie

check under the bonnet for the vacuum hose that runs from the throttle actuator round the bulhead to the pump inside the left hand recess behind the headlight, you may find the hose has split and wont hold a vacuum at some point on one of the joins

Check the ends of all vacuum pipesfor splits and cut off to where the split ends then re-fit, and if you check the unit underneath where the bottle jack is stored, you'll find that the pipe maybe split and come off. you can't see the unit but you can feel about for the fitting.

ED