Greenway Macho

Hi, anyone got opinion on Greenway Machos and has anyone fitted them in 285/75?

My mate has some Insa Turbo Special Track's and they're awesome offroad but really noisy on road. I don't do a lot of miles on road but want to consider all options. How would the Macho compare on and offroad?

Another issue is the size, the Insa are 265/75 but are more like 33"+, are Macho's more like the size it says on the side or will the 285/75 be more than 33"?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Nearly went for 285s but in the end went with 265s - I've been very pleased with them on my 90 as I do lots of road miles and they're fine at speed and in the wet. I've found them great off road but I know someone with a 110 who couldn't get enough grip...maybe the extra weight?

I think the actual size was a little larger than the quoted 265x75

i have some, good and quiet on road and very good off road

not tried them in mud yet, i normally play in this stuff

http://www.henniker.org.uk/images/places/s...o_u-canal12.jpg

all terrains were rubbish here as the shail just sldes away from you. greenways are much better although do tend to dig down and throw big rocks at folk

i think there is a pic with them on my 110 here somewhere, required abit of arch trimming to make them fit on standard height suspension.

in height i think they were almost exactly 33" marked as 33 12.50 r16 on the sidewall, butsold to me as 285's, but they're about 11" wide

only gripe is that they appear to wear quite quickly, otherwise they'd be pretty perfect for my needs. when they do wear out i'll take a look at the yokohama versions to see if they're made of sterner stuff..and maybe in 315 size.

i have some, good and quiet on road and very good off road

not tried them in mud yet, i normally play in this stuff

http://www.henniker.org.uk/images/places/s...o_u-canal12.jpg

all terrains were rubbish here as the shail just sldes away from you. greenways are much better although do tend to dig down and throw big rocks at folk

i think there is a pic with them on my 110 here somewhere, required abit of arch trimming to make them fit on standard height suspension.

in height i think they were almost exactly 33" marked as 33 12.50 r16 on the sidewall, butsold to me as 285's, but they're about 11" wide

only gripe is that they appear to wear quite quickly, otherwise they'd be pretty perfect for my needs. when they do wear out i'll take a look at the yokohama versions to see if they're made of sterner stuff..and maybe in 315 size.

Thanks, your link is not working though, would like to see some pictures of your 110. Could you e-mail me some please? m.s.brownhill@ntlworld.com

Thanks,

Martin

I had a set on my 3.5 RR a while back (well Bronco 4x4 Amazons which are the same thing), suprising good on road at least as good as BFG All Terrains but actually handled nicer.

Also used them in the snow which they seem very happy in. I also used a set a few weeks back trialing a V8 90 although these where 255's. They seemed to be good off the road.

If I was looking for some genral purpose tyres capable in all conditions they are what I'd go for, plus they look great.

BTW you sure about 265/75's being bigger than 33's? A 265/75 should be nearer to 31" in diameter and a 235/85 should be about 32" although I guess rim diameter might have a bearing on it.

I had a set on my 3.5 RR a while back (well Bronco 4x4 Amazons which are the same thing), suprising good on road at least as good as BFG All Terrains but actually handled nicer.

Also used them in the snow which they seem very happy in. I also used a set a few weeks back trialing a V8 90 although these where 255's. They seemed to be good off the road.

If I was looking for some genral purpose tyres capable in all conditions they are what I'd go for, plus they look great.

BTW you sure about 265/75's being bigger than 33's? A 265/75 should be nearer to 31" in diameter and a 235/85 should be about 32" although I guess rim diameter might have a bearing on it.

Yep, quite sure, I have worn BFG AT's and the insa of the same size is about 3" taller, they are huge!

Yep, quite sure, I have worn BFG AT's and the insa of the same size is about 3" taller, they are huge!

here's some pics from when i got them, sorry i dont have any more

to view that pic drag the little blue e from the address bar down into the explorer window. seems i got the image from a really anoying site.

post-865-1179180805_thumb.jpg

post-865-1179180823_thumb.jpg

post-865-1179180842_thumb.jpg