Challenge South West

Hi Jase

As I recall, we went there last September for the first time. It's a good site for a one day event. There are some photos on the website - 3rd September 2006. I remember that the weather wasn't particularly kind that day tp start with, so not many turned out. Nevertheless they enjoyed themselves and, of course, the site hasn't been cut up or overused... Parking was wasy peasy on a nice flat field and then there's a drive over a couple of fields to get to the actual challenge area.

All the best Rick :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Chris Bolt , Rick Tarr and the Marshalls for laying on a fantastic event Today , 40 very cheeky punches and two spectacular special stages in a very tight devon woodland .

And the weather was good to us yet again .

Sorry I missed this one as right on my door step had to go to bristol to pick up a winch I saw must have been you 2 traveling back north bound on the M5 was hell round bristol least a sailed back to Devon.

Oh the other excuse the Vitara would not start.. see you next time will be Marshalling at JST's event in a couple of weeks.

so another trophy in the cabinet!! WOW how many is that? :)

Many thanks to Chris Bolt , Rick Tarr and the Marshalls for laying on a fantastic event Today , 40 very cheeky punches and two spectacular special stages in a very tight devon woodland .

And the weather was good to us yet again .

Cheers Jase - but really all the kudos must go to Chris and Nick Bolt who did all the hard work setting up the event. I hope everybody enjoyed themselves, even Martin who spent most of the day crying underneath his CV joint!

All the photos as I managed to take in the dark woodland I've posted on the CSW website now, as are the results! Bit short on surnames as I forgot to pick up the entry forms ;)

All the best

• 1 month later...
Get yourself a copy of the latest (August) TOTAL OFF ROAD - there are a couple of good articles in there - one on the last event at New Hill Farm, and another on Nick and Chris Bolt's new challenge machine. Good read, good photos ...

Just got it today , Yes Not Bad , I didnt realise it was so closely scored , Phew! got in there by the skin of our teeth , Martin and Dereck are both very excellent competeters and Being brothers I recon they are out to beat each other as they often rank next to each other , Them lads will give some of these larged up international types a bluddy good run for their money .

A good picture of Rob and Lewis But it appears that they may of had outside assitance as it looks from the picture that They were pulled up the hill by Rob`s dog.

Good feature on Nicks Land Cruiser. Nice one