Mounting a ZF74 P.A.S. pump on 200TDi

Steve 90

Got the zf74 pump today. Not realy sure how its gona fit to the 200 TDi (disco engine). Because the discovery engine has a double pulley on the P.A.S pump which a belt is then piggy backed off to run the alternator, If I try and mount it in the original pump possition then im gona have to machine a long adaptor to get the double pulley in the right place. This in its self is not a problem but the issue I have with it is overloading the bearings in the pump with the extra leverage gained by extra offset on the pulley. The other option I was thinking about was to remove the pressure valve from the original pump and leave it in place with a length of pipe connecting the input and output just to circulate enough oil to keep it lubed. that way it just acts as an idler. Then I can mount the P.A.S pump next to the second alternator which is on the Air con comp' mounting. Only problem with this I see is the pump will then be at the same height as the resevoir and might not have enough oil supply. Plus I really dont like over complicating the truck as it just tends to be more to go wrong!

Has anybody here mounted a ZF74 on a Disco 200Tdi or have any other ideas???

Cheers.

Steve.

Have you got Aircon? if not then you should have a spare groove on the crank pulley. You could then use the aircon mmounting point (4 tapped posts) to make some kind of bracket and tensioning affair?

This does mean the pump will be pretty high up though, and my give you issues with the reservoir?

just a thought

Mark

Guest diesel_jim
Then I can mount the P.A.S pump next to the second alternator which is on the Air con comp' mounting.

Cheers.

Steve.

I've seen pictures of a york 210 compressor mounted next to an alternator on an engine, so you could mount them together.