Fuel injection pump disconnect on 200tdi

Dikiy

You have to remove the timing cover from the front of the engine, remove the timing belt and injector pump sprocket.

Remove the 4 injector pipes from the rear, the rearmost pump support bracket and the wire to the start solenoid, both fuel pipes, boost pipe, and finally the nuts that hold the pump to the back of the timing case. If the crank bolt comes undone ok and the pulley the same, then about 2-3 hrs to remove it.

There is a special tool available that locks the inj pump sprocket in place and allows you to remove the pump without having to take the timing cover off. I've never used one, but White90 did.

Les.

You have to remove the timing cover from the front of the engine, remove the timing belt and injector pump sprocket.

Remove the 4 injector pipes from the rear, the rearmost pump support bracket and the wire to the start solenoid, both fuel pipes, boost pipe, and finally the nuts that hold the pump to the back of the timing case. If the crank bolt comes undone ok and the pulley the same, then about 2-3 hrs to remove it.

I know this method. I have to remove old, install new and try it on road, if not sutasfied- remove and install back old one. No, it is not our way :D

There is a special tool available that locks the inj pump sprocket in place and allows you to remove the pump without having to take the timing cover off. I've never used one, but White90 did.

Les.

Oh! This way has been suspected :i-m_so_happy: If I'll have the images of this tool I can manufacture this.

White90

Tony, I'm waiting for Your counsel :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Still without answer...

I did some measurements and order to fabricate tool to turner last week. Here is results- Special Fuel injection pump Extractor :i-m_so_happy:

How to use:

1. Undo timing belt front cover plate, all pipes, accelerator cable

2. Undo nuts 4 (see picture), remove plate 9, nuts 10, bracket 2 from engine side.

3. Connect extractor instead of timing belt front cover plate

4. Push extractor central rod inside (be careful) and pull the pump.

Exchange procedure took about 45min

More pictures are here:

http://dikiy.io.com.ua/album59824

If somebody will need exact drawing please ask about this. I'll do measurements and prepare drawing in a good quality.

post-1651-1190283291_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283310_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283334_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283343_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283354_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283364_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283377_thumb.jpg

post-1651-1190283387_thumb.jpg