Left hand fuel tank

Guest diesel_jim

The 110 auxiliarry tanks are fitted on the RH side, as the battery is on the left.

easiest way, get a 90 RH tank, get the filler pipe welded up and moved (so that it no longer pokes out the "back" but instead out of the "top"), then you can run the filler pipe up behind the drivers seat and out through a series 3 type "body flush mounted" filler.

or get a filler cap mounted direectly on top of the tank and then remove the seat base to fill, a la military series tanks.

actually, you could just get a series 3 109" military RH tank and graft that in. it has top mounted filler.

I used an under seat tank from a series III Lightweight. It was filled by removing the the seat base cushion.

Check to see if you have the nessesary outrigger to support it. Mine didn't so I welded in a peice of 'U' channel. Jobs a good un'.

S.

If you were just looking to increase the volume of fuel that you can carry, you could put a 'normal' right hand side fuel tank in there, with the filler neck removed + welded up, and just connect it to the normal tank via a couple of tubes (including a vent would allow it to fill, as well as expand). That way, the operation would be transparent - the tanks would just level themselves out.