roof linning

rob90

Hi,

We have a 1996 defender 90 csw and the head lining is starting to droop buy the alpine lights, I have considered using a glue to try and stick it place but im not over confident this will work anybody any ideas how i can fix it back into place

thanks in advance

Hi,

We have a 1996 defender 90 csw and the head lining is starting to droop buy the alpine lights, I have considered using a glue to try and stick it place but im not over confident this will work anybody any ideas how i can fix it back into place

thanks in advance

The answer could be one of two things.

1) The rooflining it's self is a twin laminate made up of two fabrics. If you're lucky then the adhesive has come unstuck due to condensation and it's simply dropped from the rigid lining. The simple fix is to use Evo-stick and put it back up.

2) If the twin laminate has seperated then you'll need to get it recovered. I took mine to one the small car re-upholster's here. They did the job for about thirty pounds. The roof lining is not difficult to tale out...just cumbersome.

I did the one in my crew cab single handed...but a helping hand would have made life much easier.

S.