Radio fitment

Defender 90 MY 98

I have bought a genuine LR Radio kit and it's instructions are a little vague.

For connection to the head unit it supplies a small connector with various leads which it says you need to connect to various leads from loom, fair enough.

But (and I'm no sparkie) there seems to be two connectors coming off the loom which I could use to plug straight to the head unit 'out'.

Anyone know if this is possible and which one I should use?

Thanks in advance.

G

Oh and btw how many parts is the dash in? !!@!!*

post-4690-1190990524_thumb.jpg

As far as I know the two rectangular plugs (top of your pic) on the loom go straight in to the back of the radio.

One is for the speakers and one for the power.

If the radio does not use these universal plugs the wiring kit should go from the radio to these two plugs on the loom.

Rich

Yes it plugs straight in - standard ISO connectors which will fit loads of radios. One does speakers and one does permanent power, ignition switched power and earth as suggested. If you look at the plugs they are slightly different and so you can't plug them in the wrong way round - each will only fit in one hole on the radio.