Rusty Disco a few more pics

forklift

The last pic on my last post was nt meant to be shown just yet :rolleyes: Its my new sill about half way through fitting. It is of course a thick walled piece of box section, much cheaper than new sills!

Heres a few more pics of the old heap of sh*t...

Oh if your wheel arch looks like this on the outside just look how much will need trimming to get to good metal!

I am starting to regret buying this now, £500 seemed like a steal :(

post-4921-1191025187_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025204_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025232_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025244_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025258_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025269_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025278_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191025286_thumb.jpg

All looks very familiar! knowing that you have repaired the rot to better than it was when it left the factory is very satisfying though..

You have probably seen these but here's how we did my brothers range rover (having done my discovery as practice).. Rangie Sills

and here's the inner wings thread...

And just to keep you on your toes, make sure you check your footwells, and your rear body mounts....

enjoy ;)

Mark

All looks very familiar! knowing that you have repaired the rot to better than it was when it left the factory is very satisfying though..

You have probably seen these but here's how we did my brothers range rover (having done my discovery as practice).. Rangie Sills

and here's the inner wings thread...

And just to keep you on your toes, make sure you check your footwells, and your rear body mounts....

enjoy ;)

Mark

Thanks for you comments guys.

I will be doing my rear roof corner, which has a big hole, next. My boot floor is also knackered but not as bad as some and I think it should get through its MOT so I might leave that a few weeks yet. And pics or tips about boot floors especially those done without the proper panel would be welcome.

I have cut my body mounts of at the back and Im using some old 3mm sheet to make some from so pics to follow.

I have made up a new mount for the mid body mount which turned to dust. Its welded straight to my new box sill and I have used the original rubber doughnuts just with a new bolt and spacer........

post-4921-1191098746_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191098755_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191098894_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1191098905_thumb.jpg