Fitting NAS plinths

Quickie

When fitting NAS plinths to front is it best to just cut the centre hole in the black plastic panel and bolt the plinth through the plastic panel and the front metalwork or would it make life easier later on to cut out a bigger hole in the black plastic panel and fit it over the entire plinth?

My only concern with latter is there would be nothing securing the outside edge of the panel but could easily put a self tapper in. It would mean getting to the headlight would avoid removing both plinths.

What do others do?

Anyway whilst waiting for a response I will get hacking away at the metalwork!

Thanks

Malcy

Quickie

When fitting NAS plinths to front is it best to just cut the centre hole in the black plastic panel and bolt the plinth through the plastic panel and the front metalwork or would it make life easier later on to cut out a bigger hole in the black plastic panel and fit it over the entire plinth?

My only concern with latter is there would be nothing securing the outside edge of the panel but could easily put a self tapper in. It would mean getting to the headlight would avoid removing both plinths.

What do others do?

Anyway whilst waiting for a response I will get hacking away at the metalwork!

Thanks

Malcy

checkout website nicks jungle cheers chris

I didn't have to cut any holes, (have the later lights with plugs), but on the front used a black and decker rotary sander thingy to take the plinths down to the correct depth to make no cutting of metal at all. I left the lights in their original places.

post-1003-1191172353_thumb.jpgpost-1003-1191172365_thumb.jpgpost-1003-1191172385_thumb.jpg

Obviously headlamp changes mean a few extra self tappers to remove, but not a thing that needs doing every day.