Disco 2 door 'rubbing strips' trim

nicks90

hi folks,

the wifes got a 2000 td5 disco and its starting to look a bit scruffy due to a bit of paint damage on the doors where other kind souls have hit them when opening their doors....... :angry:

i've seen some disco 2's that have plastic rubbing strips all down the sides of both doors and join with the trim bits on the bumpers / wheelarches, the wifes doesnt have these extra bits on the doors. Fitting these strips would cover all the little scratches nicely and prevent any more from appearing!

Would save me loads of time and hassle if i could avoid having to repaint the doors....... B)

where can you buy these bits and how do they fit - stick on or do i need to drill holes on the door skins?

cheers for any help,

Nick

They are a factory fit on some models but also a Genuine accessory - may or may not still be available now that the model has been discontinued (a lot of the accessory items are discontinued fairly quickly after the model changes) you might also find non genuine equivalents.

The ones I have seen are all stick on, can't remember which is which but some of them you just clean the paintwork with meths to degrease it, then peel off a backing strip and firmly push the strips on, others use separate tubes of glue but I *think* the glue on ones I remember were probably Discovery 1 not Discovery 2.