BFG tyres pressure 235/85/16

neil00001

well got me tyres on, 2 inch lift completed, new shocks,

From reading so much on the forum, I was a bit worried about how much this tyre size would affect the car. Although Rejo said it would be fine !

Well I do commute 200 miles a day in it. I am well chuffed!!!! More relaxed cruising, no decernable loss of power. Still picks up its skirts away from the lights, well in Disco fashion. Dont have to slip the clutch to pull away either.

Tomorrow I will attempt the "Camel Cut" on the rear arches and cut down the front valance and bumper end caps. Any advice on cutting these bits more than welcome!!!!!!

One question though what tyre pressures should I run these tyres on?

Cheers,

Neil

93 200tdi

I run my 110 with the same tyres at 250kpa all round. The LR 'official' tyre pressures are too low at the front so the tyres wear out on the sides, and too high at the rear so you bounce around. These are pressures for the road, of course.

I run my 110 with the same tyres at 250kpa all round. The LR 'official' tyre pressures are too low at the front so the tyres wear out on the sides, and too high at the rear so you bounce around. These are pressures for the road, of course.

Thanks Jim. is that the same as 2.5 bar?

Cheers,

Neil