ANYBODY BROUGHT A CLAKE SE16C150 COMPRESSOR

muddydisco

That's the one I have. Simple enough to wire up if you have a consumer unit in the workshop/garage. It needs a 16 amp outlet which for us home enthusiasts means, in simple terms, it will need a separate fused feed direct from the consumer box, rather like a shower or a cooker. A normal plug into a ring main is not sufficient and will blow the 13 amp fuse whenever it fires up and may lead to overload if the compressor kicks in while you are, say, welding on the same ring circuit. If its stationary then I would treat it as an electric shower and wire it accordingly. If you want it to be moble and need the ability to plug it in in various places then you will have to get proper 16 amp sockets and plugs (big round blue ones). Far easier to rig airlines and quick connects than to move a big compressor though. 20mm plastic water pipe seems to be the cheapest option to fit out a large workshop with air.

PS ring your local Machine Mart and ask when they are next having a VAT free day on Clarke tools. They do this a couple of times a years and represents a considerable saving

Thats why i asked there's one on this week. Is there plenty of air when using or does it drain quick.

Thats why i asked there's one on this week. Is there plenty of air when using or does it drain quick.

We've got one, VAT free day purchase as well, so was good value .................. so far I've found it fine, powers all the normal air tools with no problem, just needs a separate feed from the consumer unit, OK might struggle a little in a commercial environment but for very serious DIY I'm happy with mine.

Dave