Acoustic Matting

leeds

Anyone tried the acoustic matting kits inside the cabin of a 110 from either Wright Offroad or Noise Killer?

Any difference in quality/performance between the manufacturers?

Any idea on prices, neither website seems to have a price list up.

Regards

Leeds

Wright Offroad acoustic mat kit is excellent.

Fits well, particularly if you take your time fitting the seatbox matting...........looks great, should have been like this from new.

With regard to it's performance, there is a reduction in noise and better insulation (this is in a 90).

I have not tried the Noise Killer matting so can not comment on any differences between them.

The Wright Offroad kit was around £250 inclusive of delivery etc.

Rod

I've used lead bitumen inside my 130, doors, floor pans, seat box etc. It's a relatively cheap way for sound proofing and easy to apply using a HD hairdryer. You'll need a combination of both anti drumming noise and sound deafening materials like foam structures. In my 109 I'ved used the noisekiller stuff, main problem is that it comes loose + not fit smooth to the panels. I've spend a lot of energy in getting the noise down, best improvement on the motorway is a higher ratio, so fitting an overdrive.

Cheers

Marco

Since looking into their acoustic mat system , after initially being quite interested, I'm not sure it's the way to go re: sound proofing/noise reduction. Aesthetically it's a great improvement and a good buy if you're looking to smarten up your cockpit area. However, as far as sound proofing goes, for the money being asked, there are other solutions out on the market.

If you're serious about doing this then it's worth taking a stroll over to some of the dedicated car audio sites out there on t'interweb. No offence to the "sound proofing" (and I'm using the quotation marks on purpose) that is sold through most 4x4 suppliers but I'm not sure it's really up to the job. One of the best UK audio sites is this one: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/ I have found it invaluable when addressing this subject and others (building kick panels, stereo installation etc etc)

Follow the link and have a browse round the sound deadening/fabrication and FAQ & Tutorials section. Here are two interesting discussions I picked out at random: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=58457

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=17904

A few of the main contenders in sound deadening/noise reduction material to get you started in Google: Dynamat, Dynamat Extreme, Brown Bread, Noise Killer and Roadkill (lovely names )

HTH

Leigh.