Hello,

I currently use:

Front

Britpart Heavy Duty springs +1"

Heavy Duty Front Spring Retention Plate 5mm

Extended Polyurethane Bump Stop

Heavy Duty Shock Absorber Turret Securing Ring

Heavy Duty Twin Shock Absorber Turrets

Twin shocks: 4xBilstein B6 Sport (the yellow ones)

Rear

Britpart Heavy Duty springs +1"

Extended Polyurethane Bump Stop

Rear Disclocation Cones

Shocks: 2x Bilstein B6 Sport

2" lowered rear top shock mount

I think the car is to stiff and hard to drive. I like the way it corners, both on and off road, but i´m afraid when it comes to extreme 4x4 it´s to stiff, and it does not twist the axles very whell. I would like to keep my shocks because they are new, and i still think they are the best all round shocks, and i also would like to have the extra inch that the springs have.

Can you please advise me some softer springs (+1”). OME??? I ear somewhere that Range rover springs are softer and and in fact 1” longer than standart defender springs...is it true??

I´m thinking on mounting Heavy Duty Twin Shock Absorber Turrets lowered 2” on the front, to get extra shock travel. Is it a good idea?

Thanks in advance,

José

Sounds like a nice set of shocks. Lowered front turrets might be an options just make sure those shocks won't bottom out (with the axle articulated not just jacked levelup to the bump stops).

Re springs a set of polics spec RR 170lb red/whites are a cheap and pretty effective starting point (look on paddocks web site). If you want something better I'd be suggesting you get your truck weighed (front and rear) and then play with the spring estimator on my web site www.LR90.com

Hi Jose,

I have just gone through the same issue, but it was my springs that were too hard, I changed to a set of D44 / OME springs from Devon 4x4, I then swapped my shocks to the Llama ones +11" (5.5" inner / outer) as I wanted extra travel, they have good pressure but I think on road the damper could be better, Gywn Lewis does some OME +5".

Another part of your post mentions lowering your turrets, I think this comes down to spring compression if you have a stiff spring then lowering the mount may be OK, but remember coming down on one side means not going up as far on the other, so you get no more articulation. I have fitted +2" shock mounts to take the longer shocker thus enabling the spring to compress without bottoming the shocker out.

Jose I would first think about what you want to do in your defender and where it will spend most of its life, and yes budget is always something to think about, well, whilst the Mrs is with you anyway. :lol:

If you are looking for good articulation you may also have to look at cranked Trailing and Radius Arms.

I am sure someone else will be along with another view on this subject.

Mark