V8 CO - what is the correct level?

Coastcard

Having had a bit of a blast around the countryside - now I can :D , the new implant seems to be settling in nicely. So I thought about time to get the tuning set up correctly as, at the MOT, the idle CO was about 0.8% CO (it impressed the tester ;) ).

For those who don't know, I have an adjustable flapper ECU which means I have the potential to get it horribly wrong as well as spot on and I don't want to run it too lean.

Looking at the Megasquirt threads, there are all sorts of mention of fuel ratios, but cannot find anything on CO (mind you, it is to short for a thread search).

So does anyone have any figures for various rev. ranges for a 3.9 V8 please, then I can go and play with the analyser at the local MOT garage.

Thanks, Al

Dunno about CO, but air fuel ratios are also known as lambda (hence lambda sensor). Normal running should be at lambda = 1 (or 14.7:1 air:fuel ratio). At the high load end (higher RPM or wider open throttle) you want to be richer, about 13-12.5:1. Idle will probably want to be richer too.

Most MOT stations should be able to measure lambda, then again if you've got a lambda sensor in your exhaust you can measure it direct with a voltmeter for free :P