New Disco Owner

Keith B

Hi new to this forum and discoverys

Just picked mine up it's a 300tdi auto 1996 with 129000 on the clock drives great with not too much rust on it.

But unfortunately I do not have the owners manual with it does anyone know where I could get one from.

Could I ask a couple of questions when you move the gear stick on the transfer box (I think that's what you call it) from high to low should a light come on the dash.

Also how do you engage the difflocks.

Sorry for asking silly questions but like I said this is my first Disco and we all have to start somewhere.

Thanks

Hi Keith and welcome to the joys (and hardbreak!) of Disco ownership. I think I sold my old owners manual at Sodbury last year! Look on Ebay I bet they come up regularly.

When you move the hi-lo stick forward there will be NO light on the dash. The Difflock (singular as there is only one) will be activated by moving the hi-low lever to the left. This can be done in high or low range and when activated will light an orange light on the dash. This is to warn you not to drive on tarmac with the difflock enganged. Unfortunately many discos never went off road and the difflock assembly can seize solid in which case you need to get on your back armed with some wd40, a hammer and some form of lever and free it all off.

Anymore questions be sure to ask.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

When you shift from high to low there is no warning light. The same lever that does the high to low (forward/backward)should also move to the left to engage the centre diff-lock which should bring on an orange light on the dash and back to the right to disengage and switch off the light.

Unless it has been modified you don't have diff-locks in the axles just the centre diff one.

Pete.

Hi Keith and welcome to the joys (and hardbreak!) of Disco ownership. I think I sold my old owners manual at Sodbury last year! Look on Ebay I bet they come up regularly.

When you move the hi-lo stick forward there will be NO light on the dash. The Difflock (singular as there is only one) will be activated by moving the hi-low lever to the left. This can be done in high or low range and when activated will light an orange light on the dash. This is to warn you not to drive on tarmac with the difflock enganged. Unfortunately many discos never went off road and the difflock assembly can seize solid in which case you need to get on your back armed with some wd40, a hammer and some form of lever and free it all off.

Anymore questions be sure to ask.

thanks for your replies and advice.

Looks like I'm spending tomorrow laid under the dico armed with some WD40