passenger rear door problem

bullterrier

today, after spending over 3 hours cleaning,polishing and then buffing the leather interior, the damned door decided not to open when I went out to use the landy.

I can hear the mechanism inside the door activate when the switch is pushed to unlock all doors, but alas the door wont open. Even the button pops up, perhaps just to taunt me!

What the heck do I have to do, apart from take all the door trim off and then...................?

Also, the hdc,tc and abs lights have come on the dash. I have been told this is due to a faulty brake pedal switch, common fault in all freelanders of the same year, 99. Is this true?

kind regards,

Tony

newbie on the block!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me this is not a dream and the last week has actually been and gone or is this just another case of "De Ja Vue" ...did you not ask this and other questions in an earlier post and' I could have sworn we gave you all the answers...or have I just dream pt it? :lol::lol:

A common fault on a toyota is two cars from a run of 20,000 having a faulty switch....a common fault on a Land Rover is 19,998 cars having a faulty switch and two work fine...you will find that your Freelander will keep your tools well oiled and your weekends full...the love affair of owning and running a Land Rover surpasses any mortal affair you could imagine....just remember Brittish Craftsmen built your Rover at 16:50 on a Friday afternoon...the answer to your question is Yep its common. :lol:

Even though the freelander forum reads like a recipe for disaster cake, there are LOADS of trouble free Freelanders out there and a couple of faulty switches is nothing, I sold a perfectly good Toyota to own one and my Blue 02 is wonderfull.

media1.jpg

and I have no intention of getting rid of it.