Free Wheeling Hubs

sheeppimp

since I'm currently in 2wd and I suspect the FWHs are at fault I have decided to remove them, the truck's not my daily drive so don't really see the need for them to be honest.

So what parts am I likely to need to return the axle to stock, it's a series 2 axle btw

Thanks

Toby

You will just need a set of standard drive flanges 10 or 24 spline depending on what shafts you have and a hub cap. The nut and washer for the end will be in the FWH so reuse them and apart from that its just the felt splined seal and paper joint for the flange.

There must be hundreds of 2nd hand drive flanges floating around or new ones are cheap too. They will be the same as on your back axle (well if it is a Rover axle that is).

Thanks for your swift reply, just need to get the bits and find some spare time now :rolleyes:

They will be the same as on your back axle (well if it is a Rover axle that is).

Not sure about that, would it be the case bearing this in mind - trucks a 80" series one and rear axle matches, front's been changed to series 2.

It's a right old proper bitsa landy :)