loss of power

popped out to the spar for some tinnies just now and my 90 TDi has lost all it's get up and go

I noticed this the other day when I was trying to overtake a lorry at 60 (normally not a problem) but I just couldn't manage it.

Anyway tonight it was worse, second gear foot to the floor couldn't get over 30. it has been running ok untill the other day

any sugestions?

I have had a couple of fuel lift pumps fail in the past , I replaced them with Britpart ones first off , But the first one lasted a month , So If it is the lift pump , get a genuine one or a good quality one .

The best way to test is with the engine running crack open the top banjo bolt on the fuel filter housing , Fuel should pump out of the loose bolt , If there is no pressure , its likely your lift pump is at fault .

Dont know if this will help but the same loss of power happened to me today coming home , lost power, 50 max on motorway, pulled off had a look and found the small pipe that runs fron the top of the injector pump to the side of the turbo had come off at the turbo end, pushed it back into place power back to normal , got home ok and then secured it with a jubilee clip,

Hope this helps

Dev.