twin shock setup 110

Thinking of upgrading to a twin shock setup, front and back on my 110. I need something that will suit long distances off-road at rapid pace with heavy loads (corrugations, sand).

The vehicle is also doing very long distances over tarmac so I want to keep the vehicle stable. Resilience & speed is more important than articulation.

Current setup is 130 suspension (rear helpers) with Monroe adventures. Any thoughts as to the best way/kit to go with?

Guest diesel_jim

For the front you can buy the bits off the (aftermarket) shelf.... a turret with a sticky out bit to mount to the top of the damper, and a bolt on bracket that fits on the front radius arm bolt to connect the bottom on.

for the back, most people (me included) just weld on a second set of lower mounts (either get an old axle and cut them off or paddocks etc sell the weld on mounts) onto the "back" of the axle, then drill some holes through the chassis mirroring the existing top mount holes and mount the shocks in a "V" shape... thus:

post-130-1196669027_thumb.jpg

post-130-1196669057_thumb.jpg

post-130-1196669130_thumb.jpg

post-130-1196669174_thumb.jpg

I tried OME many years ago but they were very weak to stop pitching I understand they have improved the valving now , then went to bilsteins the top eye snapped off , so went to koni , best thing I did , they even allow adjustment to suit your particular spring set up .

My 110 has king springs , with FC offset rims , BFG MT , its set up so it is pretty soft (rolls a lot) but the konis damp out the yumps and pitch really well. Travelled long distance on corrugations sand etc in OZ usually at speed (110-130kmh) Nice to have a V8 :i-m_so_happy: