Defender indicator eletrical connectors

Hi

I have just upgraded the wing indicators in my 200tdi defender to the td5 style wing indicators. Does anybody know what type of electrical connector these use and where to get them as they differ from the ones currently on the 200tdi. I have looked all over the web to try and find out and checled all the usual places autosparks etc.

Has anybody else done this upgrade and if so how did you go about connecting them up.

Cheers in advance

Justin

Vehicle Wiring Products can supply the correct connectors ask for Ref 01252 2 way connector

www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk or use the smallest [narrow] red spade terminals, I've used these for the same job, but make sure each on is fully insulated from it's partner, or you'll end up with short circuits.

found these on Autosparks, as used on the later bigger NAS lights

When you say TD5 do you mean the slightly oval ones, the same as fitted to the Freelander1 and the Rover 75?

I fitted these to my 90 some years ago and just used small female pin connectors set in some resin, it was easier than sourcing the correct sub-harness at the time.

thanks all for your replies

the ones i have are the ovalish ones as fitted to the td5 and freelander i think. I did think about using seperate connectors and insulating them either with tape or something like that but I did want to try and get the proper connection as I have just spent alot of money upgrading the loom to a 300tdi from an old v8 loom and just wanted everything to be standard and as tidy as possible. The 22 year old loom had so many shorts from bodged old wiring that I had to disconnect the battery every night I now want any modifications to be as standard as possible.

thanks all for your replies

the ones i have are the ovalish ones as fitted to the td5 and freelander i think. I did think about using seperate connectors and insulating them either with tape or something like that but I did want to try and get the proper connection as I have just spent alot of money upgrading the loom to a 300tdi from an old v8 loom and just wanted everything to be standard and as tidy as possible. The 22 year old loom had so many shorts from bodged old wiring that I had to disconnect the battery every night I now want any modifications to be as standard as possible.

They are actually BMW plugs AFAIK, and I don't know anyone who sells them seperately...

Need to find breaker who will let you cut the plugs off ;)

Ian