Auto box oil cooler fittings

clbarclay

Winches and standard auto box cooler locations don't mix so the cooler needs moving an new flexible pipes making. What sort of fittings do the coolers use, what thread are they?

I asked my local hydraulics place, but they drew a blank. To be fair I probably got the wrong person there, he though the length of origional I had with me was brake pipe to start with and I'm not sure he understood that it wasn't even when I told him. If I know what standard of fittings the coolers take then I might get a more constructive answer out of them.

Despite having done this job, I can't recall what size the pipes are. :blush:

I just took one of the originals down to the hydraulics place and asked them to make me one up in flexi.

Make sure you read Orange's thread on this topic of you haven't already.

Haha! A new name for the bog brush cooler!! Excellent!! :lol::lol:

My bog brushes are male threaded with a concave fitting to recieve the male convex fitting on the hoses which also have to female threaded nut on... if any of that makes any sense... :blink:

But mine is also a 3.9 with in rad cooler....

You could still take the bits to a hydraulics place......