LPG: Any idea if HM-GOV will increase tax?

Countax

I am considering LPG'ing my newly acquired P38, but have heard some rumours that in a year or so the govt plan to tax it at the same level as petrol.

Anyone know if there is any truth in this and where i can read up on the topic?

Also i would appreciate any feedback on the various systems out there for the Bosch ECU 4.0L engine.

thx,

Nigel

Hi

Just had a multi-point fuel injection system fitted to our 4.0l P38, Having a few problems with it at the minute but should be all sorted, with regared to a tax increase it goes with out saying realy its recently gone up 2p a litre and there is no way the robbing swines goverment will be able to help themselfs

Guest diesel_jim

Knowing this any government, they'll promise not to, and get lots of people converting their cars, then they'll slap the duty on knowing that they have a "captive audience"

:angry::angry:

The 5-year deal actually started over 3-years ago, so make the most of it.

Les.

Les, That stacks up with what i heard, that 2010 is when its likely to rise substantially. Makes the economics a bit poor if i go pay £1800 for the conversion and then only get a year or so on lower cost fuel.

Nigel

Les, That stacks up with what i heard, that 2010 is when its likely to rise substantially. Makes the economics a bit poor if i go pay £1800 for the conversion and then only get a year or so on lower cost fuel.

Nigel

A high percentage of the £1800 will be labour costs.

Price up the individual parts to see exactly how much.

I bought a complete kit, of new parts, (for a VW) of everything needed for less than £400.

I converted a 240 Volvo (2.0 injection) for less than £100 using a secondhand tank (which was a couple years old so still with valid date stamp).

If you can change brake pipes then you can plumb in a LPG system.

The wiring is no worse than fitting an aftermarket stereo.

Check it out yourself and see what savings can be made by fitting a DIY system.

My insurers didn't require any certificate even though I told them I'd fitted it myself.

The local parts suplier would have inspected and issued an insurance certificate if properly installed for £25 + vat.

I intend converting my SIII when I finish a rebuild on a new chassis.

Paul Humphries