P38 Side Steps

ripface

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help. I just picked up a set of original Side Steps for my 2001 Range Rover Westminster. The steps arrived today, and are perfect, complete with the triangular brackets .... but no bolts!

The bolts to the chassis legs appear to screw directly into the chassis. I guess there is a tapped hole?

The bolts on to the step legs also appear to be tapped.

Does anyone know the sizes of these bolts so's I can order them up?

Cheers,

Ripface.

The first point is that I've never fitted these, so all I can do is read the instructions, which while they show bolt diameter (M8 and M6) and quantity (various), do not show length. They also show plain Nut size (M6 and M8), quantity (various), and 'Rivnut' (or equivalent) quantity, but not size.

Secondly, do you have a RAVE CD download, as this may well have the Accessory Fitting Instructions for these Side Runners? I say 'may' as there were 20 versions of the RAVE CDs, and I can't speak for the content of all of them.

I am rather hoping that with the instructions, and most of the hardware, you will be able to work out the 'Rivnuts' you require (they must all be the same size).

You should also be able to have a stab at bolt length.

Microcat, another download covering the Parts Listing, may have bolt length etc, but I don't run that at the moment.

An issue of RAVE (I don't know which one) and a version of Microcat, are available at the Green Oval download site, http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?opt...3&Itemid=29 but you either have to be PC literate enough to convert an Image file into a working CD, be prepared to learn, or know someone who can.

If you have a MAC you also have to know how to run a Windows simulation programme.

Now then, how much did you want those side steps ???

Cheers.

An issue of RAVE (I don't know which one) and a version of Microcat, are available at the Green Oval download site, http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?opt...3&Itemid=29 but you either have to be PC literate enough to convert an Image file into a working CD, be prepared to learn, or know someone who can.

If you have a MAC you also have to know how to run a Windows simulation programme.

Now then, how much did you want those side steps ???

Cheers.

Hi David,

Thanks for the link to the Green Oval site. Downloading the Rave CD as I type. Unfortunately at my paltry 512Kbps this'll take *all* night, but hopefully will be worth it. While looking at the brackets I noticed that the side was removable, and the bolts holding them together appear to be the same size as the mounting bolts for the steps ... at least they're the same thread! This will help get the right type anyways, and length should be easy enough to guestimate.

Heading in the right direction .....

Cheers,

Ripface.