Side Panels

disco_al

On my 200tdi disco 3 dr, the lower part of the 1/4 panel has corroded by the looks of it, and is a bit flexible.

I have not prodded too much as yet, but there is bubbling under the graphics on the side, and it does looka bit flaky.

what would be the best way to effect some kind of repair?

i did think about a checker plate side kit for it, which would cover it nicely, or trying to rebuild it with some epoxy putty.

obviously i will not know the full extent of the "damage" until i have stripped the paint and the side stickers off.

Depends how pretty you want to keep it.

I know Mark has just pop-riveted another piece of Ali behind a tear on his front wing, but it's a 'working' truck and he's not too worried about keeping it in showroom condition.

Can you just re-shape the bottom of the panel in the name of 'improved ground clearance'?? I'm looking at doing that on my RR - firstly cos I've got a bent/corroded bit and secondly cos I do actually need to remove it to improve ground clearance (full length, you see!!)

IMHO chequer plate just covers it up so you can't see how fast/far it's spreading. And....... it doesn't really look that good on a Disco!!