No Reverse

Hi all ,help needed please.

been off roading today at Kingsbury, good day no problems, I then went to Packington ford for a wash off and decided to go exploring and ended up about a quarter of a mile down stream, came out of the ford and parked it up in some old lumps of tree for a twist.

Reversed down and drove up the road and decided she needed another dip, went to reverse and got nothing, 1st to 5th are ok just on reverse, I did not have my wading plugs it was it was a spur of the moment thing.

Any advice please.

Mark.

can't think cross axeling has done it?

mine dosen't have to push down just go's over and in. but mine dosen't stay in reverse

(someone over turned the reverse switch and nacked the gear)

all i can think is that going exploring was just a coincideice

i'd think some thing has come adrift in the remote but i'm not shore weather i'm right

I had a similar problem last month, although not following a off road session.

the solution ( from the people at ashcroft) was to adjust the reverse gear selector on the right hand side of the gearbox. Cast spigot, with thread and locknut.

However adjusted mine and reverse was ok, but after driving some distance have lost the forward gear so feel it could be a hit and miss affair,

as above try the reverse spigot and could also check the reverse switch hasn't gone in too far etc - very unlikely.

maybe its God punishing you for :

ford for a wash off and decided to go exploring and ended up about a quarter of a mile down stream, came out of the ford and parked it up in some old lumps of tree for a twist.

the twist looks like a road verge to me.

Image005.jpg

in that case apologies, sorry I was mistaken by the picture thinking you were parked on tarmac one side with the the O/s on the verge in front of a telegraph pole. as its not a road verge maybe its not the best pic to post as it does look like one and there are enough anti 4x4s as it is.