Roadside assistance renewal...

My renewal for one of the well known recovery operators came in todays post.

For some reason they want to charge me £93.00 for roadside assistance and relay (no home start, or relay plus).

The web gives a 25%discount which would make my renewal £23.00 cheaper.

When I called, I was put through to a discounts department, who said that they checked to see how many call outs Id had (me been good and only had one with the 90 a few years ago) so as Id been a good boy I could have the extra discount..

I took the offer of having Mrs W included on joint membership for an additional £3.00 and have been put in a special discount plan for next year (probably called 'Akward Ba**ards')..

I wonder how much they make by not telling anyone that they can have the discounts if they arsk for it.....

I wont name them as its not in the spirit of this site.

i had my renawel come through which covers me for everything everywhere, and that has doubled from 8 per month to 16 pound a month, but i have used there services about 4 times, 2 in my car other two was passenger and to be fair probably best 16 quid a month as you know you will always get home