Radio cassette

bennet

Hello all

I want to change the rather boring standard radio/cassette in my wifes GS Freelander and wondered what i could change it to.

At the moment it has the steering wheel controls and the seperate CD multichanger under the passenger seat.

Is there a half decent looking head unit that can work with the above steering controls and work the CD changer or will i loose all of that.

Thanks

Hi Bennet,

Sorry I missed your post before - I've recently done this in my 51 TD4 and it is simple.....

First choose a head unit which is compatible with steering controls, then you also need to buy the adapter that connects the controls of a Freelander to the connector of the head unit.... So my head unit is JVC, so I also bought a JVC-Rover steering control adapter cable (About £15) then it's just a matter of fitting it! I also needed an ariel adapter, so the cable would correctly fit the socket on the head unit, but this was only 79p from Halfords or somewhere similar.

Good luck!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

most head units should work, is she computery? a mp3 head unit could be nice as she could get more music to her cds (7 - 10 times the amount), also dab head units get more stations like radio 7 or virgin ect, i live in the sticks it's awful local radio or radio 1 so dab would be nice, pricey tho