Hazard Lights

signia

Out on the plain today and went over a bump - actually a bump at the side of the road as I was crossing it on a lane.

Probably went a bit to hard at it as the bang was something awful.

Anyway, no damage, as far as I can tell. But as soon as I "landed" the hazard lights started and wouldn't switch off. The hazard switch wouldn't make any difference (other than affect the rhythm slightly).

I switched off once and they kept flashing without the engine on. Started the car again and they stopped.

Everything else working ok, central locking etc. I assume the alarm works (not tested it) and I know the immobiliser works like normal too.

Does the Disco have one of those things where if it thinks it's in an accident, it switches the flashers on? Or did it screw up a relay temporarily? Is there anything I need to check?

Other than that, great day on the plain! Nice weather.

Yes it is the crash sensor - it will also have disabled central locking for a period after it was tripped. Reset is by switching ignition off and on again as you found out. It is supposed to do that :)

Thanks BogMonster - you learn something new about Land Rovers all the time. Hopefully, I won't need to test it out again! I'll take it a bit easier next time :D