rrc keyfob

diesel dave

hi all. a question about the alarm keyfob. i have a 1994 rrc softdash. when i bought it ,it only came with one key and one alarm keyfob. i really need to get another one of each just in case they get lost etc. i presume getting a key cut won't be a problem as it doesn't appear to be coded , but the fob may be a different matter. i have seen fobs on e-bay , but they quote frequencies. i haven't a clue what frequency my fob is.. i have pulled it apart and found the code...ema17/94, and on the outer casing it says...mpt1340. does anyone know what these mean, and should i look out for either when ordering a fob. or will any fob do. i have found the programming procedure on the internet , but this doesn't mention fobs much other than they are single button fobs the same as mine. any help would be very much appreciated, and happy new year to you all....dave

hi all. a question about the alarm keyfob. i have a 1994 rrc softdash. when i bought it ,it only came with one key and one alarm keyfob. i really need to get another one of each just in case they get lost etc. i presume getting a key cut won't be a problem as it doesn't appear to be coded , but the fob may be a different matter. i have seen fobs on e-bay , but they quote frequencies. i haven't a clue what frequency my fob is.. i have pulled it apart and found the code...ema17/94, and on the outer casing it says...mpt1340. does anyone know what these mean, and should i look out for either when ordering a fob. or will any fob do. i have found the programming procedure on the internet , but this doesn't mention fobs much other than they are single button fobs the same as mine. any help would be very much appreciated, and happy new year to you all....dave

Getting the key cut is no problem and I suggest "urgent". The fob is the issue and I am in the same boat as you. I purchased one of the universal learnng remotes from ebay which supposedly adjusts its frequency to the original. All the right light sequences flash on the new fob but no joy. I have tried to get the car to go into the "learning Mode" with the ign on /of door opening sequence but nothing is happening to start the learning process. does anyone know if two fobs with different frequencies can be assigned to one control unit. I find it hard to believe it is so difficult to get a reasonably priced replacement /spare fob. There is a firm who will supply a fob if you send them the control module if you dont mind spending £££