Carmichael Land Rovers and Range Rovers

Clive

Hi All,

I am currently researching Carmichael Range Rovers and am trying to compile a Build List of all 'light' vehicles produced by Carmichael. Most of these were either Land Rovers or Range Rovers.

I have parts of the Carmichael Build List, but I need to fill in the bits in between. To that end I am trying to collect the Build No and associated Chassis Nos for all these vehicles (I estimate there is around 2000 of them). If anyone has any of these vehicles would they be willing to let me have the above details of their vehicle? Also any order, despatch, in-service or cast dates would also be useful!

I am currently constructing a website dedicated to these and other Range Rover conversions which can be viewed here;- www.RR-Conv.info.

To view the current info I have on Carmichael see here;- Carmichael History

Clive

1987 Vogue EFi

1994 Vogue (Soft Dash)

1994 Vogue LSE (Soft Dash)

Hello Clive

I drove the 4 door Comando thats in the pic on your web to an incident last week. Its getting a bit long in the tooth now and has no pump capability, its used for rescue. It carrys cutting gear and 12000lb winch.

The body works is still straight but its very coroded under the skin from filling the foam tank (foam goes in through a roof hatch).

It still handles well at spead but when fully laden can be out stripped by an empty 130 TDI or a fully laden 110 fire fly with a carbed V8.

thirst beast

The Series2Club.co.uk have a web forum which I believe is still open to 'all', that is, you don't have to be a member to post.

To bulk out your coverage of these models you might get suitable responses if you post there, as they do have one member with a Series 2 Forward Control version which has never been 'mucked about with'. It has been given the name Bollington, or Bolly for short.

From your site, I think you are calling these 'Firefly', but might be mistaken. In Land Rover literature Series II fire engines are known under the generic title 'Redwing'.

http://www.landrover.vlothuizen.nl/show/list/7035-1.html shows a brochure of the FC version (designated FT6).

Also check out FT 1 to 5 on the same site, although I don't know which were Carmichael versions.

Cheers.

I had another look at your site where you say "Carmichaels also produced the 'Firefly' range of vehicles which was their attempt to produce a lighter version of the larger fire appliances and were produced on Land Rover Series II and Series III chassis".

I'm not certain if this is your information, or information taken from the book you acknowledge - Carmichel "The Family Years".

I note this page contains thumbnails and links to brochures advertising 'Firefly' models made by HCB-Angus Ltd, and 'Redwing' models made by Carmichael, which leads me to think the attribution of the 'Firefly' name to Carmichael on your site is incorrect.

http://www.landrover.vlothuizen.nl/show/model-all.html

Cheers

I had another look at your site where you say "Carmichaels also produced the 'Firefly' range of vehicles which was their attempt to produce a lighter version of the larger fire appliances and were produced on Land Rover Series II and Series III chassis".

I'm not certain if this is your information, or information taken from the book you acknowledge - Carmichel "The Family Years".

I note this page contains thumbnails and links to brochures advertising 'Firefly' models made by HCB-Angus Ltd, and 'Redwing' models made by Carmichael, which leads me to think the attribution of the 'Firefly' name to Carmichael on your site is incorrect.

http://www.landrover.vlothuizen.nl/show/model-all.html

Cheers

Yeah, I know. A slight error on my part. I was a bit too hasty in adding the text to the website! I shall be changing that bit in a few days time!!!! :blush:

Thanks for pointing it out.

Clive