electric fans

Discovan300tdi

As I'm on holiday for 2 weeks as I didnt use up my full allowance for 2007 and the deadline was the end of jan Ive been having a tinker with my one disco anyway would this work?

Ive taken the viscous fan off as its seized and i have in the shed a new pair of electric fans off a pug 205 diesel, ive tested them on a battery and they spin ok.

would they be enough to keep cool a 300tdi?? if they were mounted infront of the rad like they are in the pug

I would have thought so as most TDI's are overcooled anyway. I have a single kenlowe fan on mine and I have only had it switch on two or three times in a year. I don't tow with mine but it does get a lot a varied runs from long motorway ones to short b-road blasts plus some laning. plus mines an auto so may work the engine a bit harder.

Pete.

on my 200 tdi disco i got rid of the viscouse unit and had a 14" single fan unit on the outside of my rad.... i had it mounted to an incab switch via a relay..... this did the job very well indeed....so i would say that you would be fine with a double fan set up ;)

I've got an electric fan on my 300Tdi; wired in to a 3-way switch so it's either on auto, on permanently or off permanently.

This is wired to a permanent live feed, so even after shutting down when the engine is hot, the fan will still run if required.

Mondeo fan on my 200tdi defender, fits rather well with a bit of work on the shroud. switched with a three way switch - on/off/x-eng thermoswitch.

Do a search, this has been covered a few times before. The important thing is to get a decent seal between the shroud and the radiator.

i just got a fan from a p reg diesel Mazda 626, its fits straight into the slot in the bottom of the rad frame where the moulded shroud fits, all you need to do then is secure the top with large cable ties or engineer something more complex. Only thing is it dont cover the intercooler.

10 min job.