Bush problem

Hi all,

Now i know everything about problems with polybushes but i am now having to have a re-think of them.

under 2 months ago i fitted brand new OEM bushes on my Cranked trailing arms (2 inch lift) as i know polybushes can fail where mud etc is involved so i spent about £45 on the OEM bushes but now after a month and a half the chassis mount bushes have seperated.

The metal plate each side of the rubber has pulled off it and now the axle can move forward and back a goos few mm's on both trailing arms making the drive interesting to say the least. Back end sways about now.

Now what do you all think i should do, i paid extra for OEM instead of the half the price cheap ones but now if they only last this long whats the point??

Anyone got some input? i cant decide what to do and got another pay and play coming up on the 3rd, so gotta fix it soon.

cheers in advance

joe

What are you using the truck for? ifs its a challenge truck then anything is possible although even then 2mths is early!!

i use Bearmch blue copies and they lasted about 8k on my greenlaner/challenge truck.

mines just my everyday car that goes to a pay and play every month or so.

Really wouldn't have thought they woudl fail so soon.

Have ordered some polybushes now to see how they go, but only fitting them as the originals wear out.

Am also going to see my supplier 2mo to see what he has to say, as they were sold to me for being very good quality and at the price i paid i would have thought so too.

cheers

I had the same problem. Used Bearmach bushes for my new cranked arms. The bush at the chasis end fell apart after a few miles. They finaly let go when er indoors was on an Offroad driving Instr Day. Luckily she was with someone who could help and didn't leave her in the lurch. She was sorted out and came home on a yellow taxi.

Fitted gen bushes and no probs since