300 TDI into Series

Spongie2a

Just some further details,

I'm going to be running Discovery Radiator and Intercooler, the 300Tdi running through a standard Series 3 Box, driving through Salisbury Front and Rear axles running on 9.00x16 Rubber.

I'm aware I need to lose battery tray and change flywheel housing for 200Tdi, anything else I need to do any different to a 200Tdi.

I put a 300 in my s2a 88.

you will need new engine mounts.Cut off the old ones,weld onthe new ones - thats it.

If you are keeping the series gearbox,you may need to change the bellhousing and the flywheel housing.

I used 4 cylinder one - the 6 cylinder bellhousing has a different bolt hole pattern.

The flywheel housing on the 300 will then need changing to any earlier defender one except the v8 i.e. NAD,TD,200tdi or 2.5 petrol,this is so that the bolt pattern will match your new bellhousing.

It is conceivable that the 300 will bolt straight to a 2.6 bellhousing - you can tell me,but it doesn't go on a 4 cylinder series bellhousing.

Rather than swap the bellhousing and flywheel housing,you could just drill a few holes where you need them!

I hope I haven't made that sound over complicated - 300 tdi into a seies must be one of the easiest conversions possible -

no exhaust downpipe problems as with a disco 200.

Use the series friction plate and the 300 pressure plate.

Let us know how it goes.