Terry Lee

hi Guys

New to Landrover and new to Forum

I have a non starting 1996 V8 ES Discovery with Star Gas LPG conversion

Cranks over but no fuel

Checked relays etc all pointed to spider unit

Stripped out dash and found unit it had burned parts on circuit

done by pass with yellow wires as described on Tech help

Still does not start and hazard lights flash which I think is alarm going off (siren was disconected when I got the car)

I will post pictures if I can tonight of unit as it has an extra red wire soldered across the back of the circui board looks like previous repair?

Any help will be aprechiated

Thanks

Sounds like the alarm is going off in which case the problem most likely has nothing to do with the spider unit. Disarm it with the remote or try the EKA code and see if it starts then.

Thanks for the quick replies

The alarm has only started going off since i soldered the yellow wires on the Unit.

I have tried disarming it with the remote - no joy

What is the EKA code?

many thanks for yor help

Not sure then sorry - all I know is that the bypass worked on the one I did, which was a 1996MY 300Tdi manual.

Emergency Key Access code - entered via the drivers door lock if the remote is inoperative for any reason, to disarm the alarm and immob. Instructions to use it are in the handbook and the code should be recorded on the vehicle security card.

sorry, me again

The landrover bypass is exactly the same as bogmonsters except for the addition of another wire.

However neither work.

The hazzard lights stopped flashing when i jumped the car off another battery - could they come on because voltage low?

It still doesn't start

I have spark but no fuel

could it be the Star gas unit as this must cut off the fuel when it changes to gas althought this is done electronically as it is a push button that when i press changes the display from a b to a c and then to a E when I'm on gas

any ideas would be apreciated

Also if some one lives near Long Eaton, nottingham who is willing to come and have a look as I can't get it to a garage can please contact me

Update

Pump Needed

Now the bypass unit has been fitted I am once again getting supply to the pump - unfortunatly the pump is not working

Where is the best place to get a new pump from?

is there an alternative to a OMP

Is the 3.9 pump the same as a 3.5 pump?

Thanks