Post lift woes!

stuntman

Hello one and all, firstly I'll list what I've done to the truck.

Remade the sills with box section 60*120*1400*3

Remade the rear x-member with 60*120*?*3

Remade 8 out of 10 body mounts

Remade both inner wings

Remade both front floors

Remade axel bracket on rear left link

Lifted the body 40mm all round

THIS IS WHERE IT STARTED TO GO WRONG

The rear started to droop at the rear right, I then found a split in the rear chassis it doesn't look like this is responsible for the droop as it hasn't seperated, I will re weld this and strenghten it.

I then fitted 265/75/16's and fitted a lift kit yesterday, pro comp +2's, bearmach BA2104's front and BA2102's at the rear (is this the right way round???, BM's website said so) It now looks quite low at the rear.

Has anyone else has it this bad? Also has anyone else fitted BM blue springs and did you have the same problem?

Oh and I made all new brake lines.

(when will this all end!)

Thanks Andi K

THIS IS WHERE IT STARTED TO GO WRONG

The rear started to droop at the rear right, I then found a split in the rear chassis it doesn't look like this is responsible for the droop as it hasn't seperated, I will re weld this and strenghten it.

I then fitted 265/75/16's and fitted a lift kit yesterday, pro comp +2's, bearmach BA2104's front and BA2102's at the rear (is this the right way round???, BM's website said so) It now looks quite low at the rear.

Has anyone else has it this bad? Also has anyone else fitted BM blue springs and did you have the same problem?

yes been there with all the welding <_< when i get some time i will machine up some spacers for a body lift and prob have to redo every body mount too....

Not fitted those springs but when looking at them the back ones tend to always be thicker as they are stronger. A lot of people ( disclaimer:- not saying you have :P ) think that the bigger springs go on the front cos the engine is heavy... which is not the case.

Is your chassis full of mud? as this can weigh a lot..

Dont know if any of this will help...

Paul

Been there too on the welding front... <rolleyes>

Is the kit you have fitted a generic RR/Disco one? I have found the the Disco is actually heavier at the back end that than a rangie, so the springs will sit lower... I have rangie 2" lift springs on the back of mine, and 2" spacers to level the body up...

hth

Mark