castor correction

Hi All,

I am looking for help with my 2003 90. It got a 2 inch lift recently and some lovely new shocks and springs all round but after about 6 thousand miles or so its starting to show on the rear radius arm bushes a lil. The ones at the axle seemed perfectly ok to the local guy who does some of my stuff (North East 4 x 4 in Stonehaven) but he suggested i should be looking at changing the set of big round bushes at the front end of the arms cause they are starting to come away at the top!

So i am looking for advice on which arms/bushes to go for, ideally i would like to keep the bushes standard to make maintence easier but i am not too fussy on the arms - cheap and decent quality are most important to me!!!!!

Thanks all

Davie

At the rear, you are talking trailing arms, and the castor correction only really applies to the front...

However, you have a couple of options - Cranked Trailing arms will relieve the angle at the chassis end, meaning the bush has a much easier time, and also means the range of movement is not limited by the bush.

I have these:

gallery_92_269_89680.jpg

Another option is the x-eng x-flex system which replaces the standard bushes with High movement ball joints.

Incidentally, knackered bushes give more movement than good ones at the expense of road handling and comfort...

cheap and decent quality are most important to me!!!!!

As a rule, you get one or the other ;)

hth

Mark

Cranked rear trailing arms are the most straight forward option- standard bushes at chassis and axle ends.

Lots out there to choose from- I run QT services lightweight ones...

R1051Small.jpg

£150 ish

I also like the Devon 4x4 ones...

1201876315-cranked_radius_arms.jpg

£150 ish

Lots of others out there... I am sure others will have some other options for you.

They are easy to fit as well.

Shrek

Hi All,

I am looking for help with my 2003 90. It got a 2 inch lift recently and some lovely new shocks and springs all round but after about 6 thousand miles or so its starting to show on the rear radius arm bushes a lil. The ones at the axle seemed perfectly ok to the local guy who does some of my stuff (North East 4 x 4 in Stonehaven) but he suggested i should be looking at changing the set of big round bushes at the front end of the arms cause they are starting to come away at the top!

So i am looking for advice on which arms/bushes to go for, ideally i would like to keep the bushes standard to make maintence easier but i am not too fussy on the arms - cheap and decent quality are most important to me!!!!!

Thanks all

Davie

To do the job for sensible money you really are looking at cranked rear arms....

I believe the Gwyn Lewis ones are the best value on the market which I suppose is why I choose to sell them!!

£ 145 a pair including vat. Complete with axle end bushes and a new nyloc for the chassis end. Seriously strong aswell

David