110 rear oil seal part numbers & differences

Guest otchie1

Guest otchie1

I'm losing about a litre of oil out the rear main ever 50 miles or thereabouts so I'll be going in deep to change the seal.

I have a new seal here, part number ERR2532G which I though was an original but is a BritPart item.

I've also seen ERR2532 & ERR2532A part numbers all with the same application - what's the difference between all the seals and which one is 'best'?

Oh, and will two seals back-to-back fit ?

Use ERR2532 which is the genuine LR part number [note- that Paddocks add a G suffix letter to denote LR spec Genuine parts] it's a common seal to all these LR engines --- 2.25 petrol/2.5 petrol/2.5 n/a diesel/ 2.5TD/200Tdi

no point in trying to fit 2 in there as they won't fit & it'll probably foul on the centre of the flywheel.

Guest otchie1
Use ERR2532 which is the genuine LR part number [note- that Paddocks add a G suffix letter to denote LR spec Genuine parts] it's a common seal to all these LR engines --- 2.25 petrol/2.5 petrol/2.5 n/a diesel/ 2.5TD/200Tdi

no point in trying to fit 2 in there as they won't fit & it'll probably foul on the centre of the flywheel.

Thanks Western - in the absence of the original I'll stick this G grade one in. If it needs doing again it will be easier next time after all the bolts have been eased.