Offroad Toy

This has been interesting, it only started off in my head as a "what if", the concerns i have are comments about them 'liking to be used', which obviously would be a problem with a weekend hack, and the quantity of electric 'luxuries'.

Equally, i guess its down to unfamiliarity, but the air susp and the traction control etc, would suggest expensive bills.

Also with the age of them, they all need 'cats', so it flags up costs for damaged replacements.

It has also been pointed out that rust wont be an issue, is this cos they are built better, ie rust proofed or they have not got to the point where they have shown rust signs?

I geuss the other thing is diesel or V8, the prices seem similar.

I have too say i did not expect as positive a response, and i am still a little unfamiliar with them, hence the caution and questions?

As a random aside, has anyone double cabbed/ or traybacked one yet, i have seen the bob tails?

Trayback is sooo 2007 :rolleyes: what's wrong with a full body? It's not like you're going to be winch-challenging the thing against the extreme boys.

Yeah i know that, just seemed like a natural question i spose, after thinking about a double cab in the same style as Bertha used to be!

The idea is appealing, it would obviously entail selling the hybrid, which i know well, soo i need to give it some thought before committing to a potential money pit/ headache i know nothing about, hence the questions.

Yeah, i probably will for the immediate, this thread came about due to abit of random surfing yesterday, and curiosity got the better of me.

Equally it might help someone else who may be tempted by the idea of a P38 toy...... the next generation to replace the mk1 disco as a toy, as they all rot away!

It could be a new trend...... Vapour Buying!!!!

Yeah, i probably will for the immediate, this thread came about due to abit of random surfing yesterday, and curiosity got the better of me.

Equally it might help someone else who may be tempted by the idea of a P38 toy...... the next generation to replace the mk1 disco as a toy, as they all rot away!

It could be a new trend...... Vapour Buying!!!!

like that idea............Vapour Buying ;)