Derbyshire

floyd fan

From a trail bike forum...

The Derbyshire and South yorks trf have been requested not to use "Shatton Lane" (Shatton, Abney Moor. 119 os map) due to the extremely poor condition on the upper section.

Can anyone else who uses this route, or if you are planning to use it, please refrain from doing so until further notice. Your support on this and other matters in the peaks and derbyshire would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Smile

Guest mortus

extremely poor condition?

its better now that it was a year ago

there in only about a 20 meter section where the track is just passable, the rest of it is fine and perfectly good to use.

edit:

for christs sakes, i saw a Rav 4 come down there the other day.

• 2 weeks later...
extremely poor condition?

its better now that it was a year ago

there in only about a 20 meter section where the track is just passable, the rest of it is fine and perfectly good to use.

edit:

for christs sakes, i saw a Rav 4 come down there the other day.

Sorry but i think avoiding this route is going to have absolutely no effect on the councils decision. They are also talking about a TRO on tenterhill. So without wanting to be vilified i think we should continue to use these lanes until the inevitable happens. All voluntary action in the past has not pacified the powers that be...look at North Yorkshire- they have been restricted to stop illegal use??? oh yeah thats logical isnt it...people who were previously acting illegally will now behave...fools!!!

Bulli

To be fair Derbyshire County Council have been better at most at trying to continue to provide access to all users. The Shatton Moor rout as I use it has been reasonably OK recently. The Shatton end access to the lane gets wet and muddy in poor weather, but the Brough end is hard bed rock and well drained. If they tro it what will all the Hang glider guys do to get up there, last time we went up in summer you could hardly get by the parked cars.

On a sadder note, last time I was up there it was wet, but even so a couple of guys in 4x4's seemed to think it was OK to drive off track to play in some 'bomb' holes. They weren't interested when we tried to explain that what they were doing might be wrong :(

As for Tenterhill - I've heard a lot of stories as to why the council are considering a tro on it - weather damage, 'vandalism by people using it, getting stuck and taking down walls etc. We contacted the rights of way officer as we plan to drive it soon and he confirmed it was being monitored, and promised to consider our offer of help with maintanance.