Is this intercooler worth buying?

It looks nice. I would have the same question but have you seen this one? Twin pass Intercooler

And I spoke to these guys and they said if I give the messurements they will make hoses to fit it in my configuration (90 with disco 200tdi) Hose set

Again. same question. are these two intercoolers (mine and his) worth it when places like Alisport are selling them for a small fortune?

In my personal experience I was not impressed with the full width one and went back to a bigger standard width one.

I found when off roading that the low speed combined with the intercooler running very close along the front of the radiator actually warmed up the intercooler so it had little benefit.

I changed back to a Brunnell uprated one that fits in the standard slot and immediately saw an improvement.

The full width one was good on the road though, but hardly better than the deep core normal width.

The other problem was the full width required removing the diagonal braces for the slam panel, which fine for 6 months and then I had issues closing the bonnet and had to go over to bonnet pins.

Well, that's my 2p. :)

Hmm.....the first one is not that much chearper than an Allisport one.....only about £40. Personally, I am saving for a full size front mount, and would prefer the peace of mind getting a unit from a trusted name (Allisport or Brunel - undecided where Im going yet).

.....saying that, the workmanship APPEARS to be very good in the second unit. It does look like a very good bit of kit, however, I dont like the fact that the system is not designed for Land Rover, and has to be designed bespoke. Also, the price throws me off slightly, I cant seem to trust a system that is more than half the price of the cheapest unit I have found so far.

Save your money and get something from a trusted name. My 2p worth.

One other thing I forgot...

With the full width one I kept getting mud between the cooler and rad when offroading. Because it's trapped in there it was a pain to get out and several times I had to take the intercooler back off to clean it out proprerly as the defender was running a bit hot.

Even with a pressure washer (being careful as it's an intercooler) I could not get it anywhere clean like you can a single thickness rad.

As you can probably tell, I would recomend a good quality deep core regular width one. Mine was from Brunnell and I was impressed with the quality and performance. All coolers are not the same so get some feedback before parting with your cash.

Richard

In my personal experience I was not impressed with the full width one and went back to a bigger standard width one.

I found when off roading that the low speed combined with the intercooler running very close along the front of the radiator actually warmed up the intercooler so it had little benefit.

I changed back to a Brunnell uprated one that fits in the standard slot and immediately saw an improvement.

The full width one was good on the road though, but hardly better than the deep core normal width.

The other problem was the full width required removing the diagonal braces for the slam panel, which fine for 6 months and then I had issues closing the bonnet and had to go over to bonnet pins.

Well, that's my 2p. :)

I can also say that the uprated brunnel intercooler is very good, as we had one on our disco 300tdi, along with another few mods, its performance was improved no end, mpg went up and overall felt a much better engine. I would recommend brunnel to you :)

That twin pass isnt twin pass at all, its just the same as a standard td5 intercooler, but with straight outlets rather than elbowed ones

Are you talking about the right intercooler? The one I posted(the twinpass) is nothing like the TD5 intercooler. The inlet and outlet are next to each other rather than at each end as the TD5 has.

I was thinking of getting a TD5 intercooler but didnt want all the extra plumbing around the engine bay.

Are you talking about the right intercooler? The one I posted(the twinpass) is nothing like the TD5 intercooler. The inlet and outlet are next to each other rather than at each end as the TD5 has.

I was thinking of getting a TD5 intercooler but didnt want all the extra plumbing around the engine bay.

No im not, sorry had TD5 on the brain, they have opposed entry and exit - i do have one landy with them next to each other, maybe its my 200tdi.... :P