whats the difference

Mine lives in the back, bolted to the rollcage - I use the trolleyjack at home but the Jackall is the one I carry if I have to keep just one with me. They are unstable and dangerous but effective when treated with respect.

Way back when I was too poor for a new starter motor, I always parked on a hill. When I came to bump-start the car, someone had parked about 6ft in front of my Ninety and the Jackall was ideal to cast the front of the car out into the road(!) so I could get a clear run dwn the hill. I couldn't have done that with a bottle jack...

If you do carry one in the car, make sure it's bolted down behind you. In a crash you might think it's your life flashing before your eyes - it'll actually be everything you've left loose in the back.

I find the 48" scary enough at near full height - I really wouldn't fancy a 60" at full stretch!

I use mine lots - probably a couple of times a week while I am working on the RRC - I whip the car up using the jack on the (box section) sill and stick axle stands under it. Much quicker than the trolley jack - and easier too since my working surface is not that level...

A little aside - using a hi-lift on the side of the vehicle is much safer than one the end where - as soon as you get both wheels of one axle off the ground the car slews around and falls off the jack. Which is interesting :unsure:

Roger

I actually lifted my laplander 60" with mine once. Were stuck in a slope and the carburettor (spelling?) wouldn't get enough gas when I was out of the car. Me and my brother tied the winch to a tree, lifted the back of the car to the top of the Hi-Lift, one pumping and the other holding the car in place, started the car and let it down again witch a piece of wood keeping the pedal at full throttle. ;)

I do have a picture somewhere.

:excl: Nothing I would ever recommend, but sometimes what has to be done just has to be done.

We also lifted a small house onto a trailer once, using 4 Hi-Lifts and a whole bunch of people holding the thing steady. Must've been strange sight. B)