Any all-terrain / off-road tyres for 18" wheels on 2000 Vogue?

nmayhew

Hi there,

I have a 2000 (W) RR Vogue with the 18" wheels (I think they were called "triplesport" back then?) and would like to know are there any suitable off-road / all terrain tyres that will fit these wheels? All the ones i find on the net are geared to 16" wheels.

I am not a serious off roader (far from it) but now live on a farm and want something that will perform better on grass / mud / (snow?). The majority of my driving will still be on road.

Anything i can get without need for new wheels / serious modification (i'm not a mechanic). Goodrich have been recommended, but i do not know which specific type.

Kind regards,

Nicholas

Depends on the width and aspect ratio of the tyres. General Grabber At2s are AFAIK the only ones that come in 255/55R18 which is what my Disco 2 runs. Very good tyre IMO and hardly any noisier that standard road tyres. They also helped with the handling. It used to wander all over the road with road tyres on, now it goes where I point it and sticks well, too!!

BFG do an 18" tyre, but not in the size I needed, otherwise I would have gone for them...

The General Grabbers were also about £5 per tyre cheaper than the road tyres I was looking at...

Henry / Orange,

Thank you very much for your help. I have taken a look at them and a few of the reviews and they seem to be exactly what I am after.

Do I take it that these tyres can be fitted without the need for raising suspension or changing / flaring the wheel arches?

Many thanks again,

Nick

Sorry for the delayed response, Nick...

You will only need to alter the bodywork/suspension if you change the tyre size dramatically. If you replace like-for-like you won't have any problems.

If you change the wheels (for ones with different offsets), you may have to adjust the steering stops on the front swivel housings so that your tyres don't rub the radius arms. You may also have to fit flared arches if the tyres/wheels stick out of the arches. But.... you are only changing tyres, so it won't affect you.

HTH

Adrian